OFFICERS, BOARD MEMBERS, AND COMMITTEE MEMBERS
President Austin Mast, Florida State University, email@example.com, 2016–2018. President-Elect Patrick Sweeney, Yale University, Patrick Sweeney, firstname.lastname@example.org, 2018-2020.
Past-President Andrea Weeks, George Mason University, email@example.com, 2015–2016.
Secretary Mary Ann Feist, Wisconsin State Herbarium, firstname.lastname@example.org, 2015–2019.
Treasurer Mare Nazaire, Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden, email@example.com, 2016–2020.
Webmaster Michael Thomas, University of Hawaii, firstname.lastname@example.org, since 2013. Newsletter Editor Conley K. McMullen, James Madison University, email@example.com, 2005–2017.
Members at Large Rich Rabeler, University of Michigan, firstname.lastname@example.org, 2014–2017. Lucinda McDade, Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden, email@example.com, 2015–2018. Dave Tank, University of Idaho, firstname.lastname@example.org, 2016–2019.
Affiliate Society Liaison Committee
Lucinda McDade, Chair (as Member-at-Large in 3rd year), Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden, email@example.com, 2015–2018.
Two additional members TBA.
Steve Ginzbarg, Chair, University of Alabama, firstname.lastname@example.org, 2017.
Deborah Lewis, Iowa State University, email@example.com, 2017.
Andrea Weeks, George Mason University, firstname.lastname@example.org, 2017.
Herbarium Assistance Committee
Melissa Islam, Chair, Denver Botanic Gardens, email@example.com, 2017–2020.
Barbara Thiers, New York Botanical Garden, firstname.lastname@example.org, 2017–2020.
Travis Marsico, Arkansas State University, email@example.com, 2017–2020.
Erica Krimmel, Chair, Chicago Academy of Sciences, firstname.lastname@example.org, 2017–2020.
Rick Williams, Idaho Museum of Natural History and Rocky Mountain Biological Lab, email@example.com, 2017–2020.
Katelin Pearson, Florida State University, firstname.lastname@example.org, 2017–2020.
Andrea Weeks, Chair (as Past-President), George Mason University, email@example.com, 2016–2018.
Lucinda McDade, Member-at-Large in second year, Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden, firstname.lastname@example.org, 2015–2017.
Dave Tank, Member-at-Large in first year, University of Idaho, email@example.com, 2016–2018.
Katherine Mathews, Chair, Western Carolina University, firstname.lastname@example.org, 2017–2020.
Mark Whitten, Florida Museum of Natural History, email@example.com, 2017–2020.
Abigail Moore, University of Oklahoma, firstname.lastname@example.org, 2017–2020. Ad Hoc Committees
Newsletter Editorial Committee
Conley K. McMullen, James Madison University, email@example.com, 2005–2017.
John Schenk, Georgia Southwestern University, firstname.lastname@example.org, 2017 onward.
Bryan E. Dutton, Assistant Editor, Western Oregon University, email@example.com, until 2017.
Melinda Peters, Assistant Editor, Smithsonian Institution, firstname.lastname@example.org, until 2017.
Webmaster Michael Thomas, University of Hawaii, email@example.com, since 2013.
Richard Carter, Chapter Chair, Valdosta State University, firstname.lastname@example.org
Brad Ruhfel, Chapter Chair-Elect, Eastern Kentucky University, email@example.com
Andrea Weeks, George Mason University, 2015–2016.
Alexander Krings, North Carolina State University, 2013–2014.
Michael Vincent, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio, 2011–2012.
John Nelson, University of South Carolina, 2009–2010.
Zack Murrell, Appalachian State University, 2007–2008.
Michael Woods, Troy University, 2006.
Dan Evans, 2005.
Last 30 Posts
- 2017 SHC Symposium
- Society of Herbarium Curators Student Research Grant Awards
- SHC Symposium Interest Survey
- A Message from the President
- A Collections Manager position at Emory (follow the link):
- Postdoc position in Croton (Euphorbiaceae) systematics
- Job Opportunity at the UC Davis Herbarium
- Book Review Editor position, Castanea
- Candidates (in alphabetical order) for the Executive Board
- Herbarium assistant position open at The Morton Arboretum
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About the Discovery of Pot
- Jobs at BRIT
- Featured Speakers at Botany 2015
- Red buckeye a beacon for hummingbirds
- Candidates for SHC Secretary
- Winners of 2015 SHC Student Research Award
- Herbarium tech positions (2) at the Godfrey Herbarium (Florida State Univ.) for summer 2015
- Tax-exempt status
- Help needed: online survey about Index Herbariorum and GRBio
- Send comments to US Dept. of Interior by March 5!
- $500 Student Research Grant Awards
- Herbarium to offer mushroom foraging class
- MYSTERY PLANT: Scientific name of this mystery plant means ‘prickly pine’
- Mystery Plant prefers the sun
- MYSTERY PLANT: Mystery plant is viny with bright red berries
- MSU Herbarium catalogues Michigan plant life
- Beautiful foilage a characteristic of Mystery Plant
- SPNHC 2015 taking shape in Gainesville, Florida
- Wisconsin herbarium uncovers plant from field of Civil War battle
- Student Research Grant Award – $500